Friday, August 22, 2008

busy seeing nothing

Despite the constant westerlies some birds have been turning up in similar-ish places to East Herts. Wood Sandpipers and Little Stints, Pied Flycatchers and Redstarts.

But locally - nothing. I've been trying, honestly, but zip. SLRS has been looking good but has had nothing apart from Moorhens and Lapwings. I went round Trimm's Green and Allens Green and stared at empty fields. Just nothing.

Something must turn up soon.

Mweanwhile, I took D#2 to the British car show the other week, gave him the camera and aked him to come up with a shortlist for our next family car. Here it is ...






Dream on D#2

No comments:

Great Grey Shrike

Nine years ago when I gave up working I went to see a Great Grey Shrike at Grimes Graves. It was easy to find, showed well, all round very ...