Sunday, February 17, 2008

Pointless

Wasn't sure whether I was birding or not this pm. Had to go to the local kids' play barn to book the youngest's 5th birthday party. Carried on to Allen's Green and looked over some empty fields from the car. Went to Stortford to try for Graeme's Merlin, but got lost as hadn't taken the directions (but did see a Fox in someone's garden). Went to Spellbrook, and couldn't make up my mind whether I was going to Walbury for the LSW or Tednambury for the roost, and ended up doing neither. Finally snatched some kind of result when a Treecreeper appeared in a bush. A while since I've seen one although they are present in the valley, and the first for me this year.

No comments:

Great Grey Shrike

Nine years ago when I gave up working I went to see a Great Grey Shrike at Grimes Graves. It was easy to find, showed well, all round very ...